Crown and bridge
Dental crowns and bridges are cosmetic alternatives used to help restore teeth that have been weakened by injury or decay, or replace missing teeth or teeth that have been extracted. Crowns are a type of “cap” used to repair and strengthen a tooth above the gum line. Dental bridges consist of an artificial tooth that “bridges” the gap where natural teeth used to be.
For teeth that are broken, have larger fillings, or recently received a root canal treatment, we may suggest a crown. At Bright Dental, we offer a range of different types of crowns, all designed to match the shade of your natural teeth for a more esthetic look.One of our dentists will discuss the different options with you and answer any questions you may have. Many patients enjoy the many benefits crowns offer:
- Improves a tooth’s appearance.
- Supports larger fillings.
- Protects a tooth from fractures and cracking.
- Strengthens teeth that have been weakened.
- Serves as a stable anchor for holding bridges in place.
Gaps in your teeth don’t just look unappealing, they can also cause a lot of damage to the surrounding teeth, putting more pressure on them and sometimes straining the jaw. A dental bridge is used to solve this problem, usually by fixing a false tooth within the gap and using the natural teeth to hold it in place. Bridges provide many benefits, including:
- Improves your overall smile.
- Restores function of your teeth.
- Prevents adjacent teeth from shifting out of place.