Dental exam and professional cleaning
Most of our patients visit routinely every 6 months for a regular dental examination and professional cleaning. Visiting our office every 6 months may seem like it’s too frequent for a dental checkup, but you’d be surprised; six months gives plaque 182 days to settle into hard-to-reach places and start forming tartar that can affect the health of both your teeth and gums. A combination of consistent dental home maintenance—such as brushing and flossing regularly—and a professional dental cleaning from our office will ensure that your teeth and gums stay healthy for life.
Oral Cancer Screenings
During your visit with us, we will also use the opportunity to screen for oral cancer. Cases of oral—or mouth—cancer is incredibly curable if caught in its early stages; over 90% of the time, the disease is cured when treated early. However, this statistic drops to 50% whenever oral cancer is not detected early and left untreated. Because of this, it is vital that you visit our office if you are experiencing the following symptoms:
- Bleeding in the mouth
- Difficulty in swallowing
- White and/or red patches on the lips or in the mouth
- Blisters or ulcers that frequently reappear and do not heal
- Persistent earaches
- Change in tooth/jaw alignment
Please do not hesitate to visit our office as soon as you notice any of these symptoms. We can perform a thorough examination, make a diagnosis, and begin treatment if necessary.
Benefits of Dental Exams and Cleanings
- Visiting our office allows us to exam your teeth for any signs of decay or issues that can compromise your oral or dental health.
- During an exam, we can remove all signs of damaging plaque, tartar, or decay.
- Professional cleanings can eliminate bacteria and small food particles that can cause bad breath.
- Dental cleanings result in a brighter, healthier-looking smile.